The information in the WCCRC Administration & Management for Child Care (AMCC) courses is intended to give a general overview of legal, financial and program-related issues that child care programs need to be aware of. This information should not be construed as legal advice. All child care programs and their boards should consult a lawyer with any legal questions or issues.
These courses may not be distributed, sold or republished. Your right to access these courses may be terminated immediately by Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre upon your non-compliance with these Conditions of Use, or any other agreements entered into between yourself and Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre.
WCCRC’s Workshop / Course Policies
- It is the participant’s responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course to receive a certificate.
- For online cohort sessions, doors close 15 minutes after start time, to respect the instructor and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent via email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the instructor-led classes must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct (see below).
- These are non-credit workshops/courses and cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or visit their website.
- While instructors strive to cover each workshop’s content as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee, except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- If a class is missed, registrants forfeit their fee and there will be no refund or credit.
Classroom Code of Conduct
We are all guests in the training room. In an effort to maintain a safe and welcoming environment, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Respect people’s choices, experiences and feelings.
- Only one person should speak at a time.
- Participate actively by including your voice. Make space for other voices to be heard.
- Respect confidentiality: what is said in the group, stays in the group. Speak in private with the instructor if necessary.
- Assume the best intent. This is a space to learn and sometimes that means making mistakes.
- Take care of yourself, whatever that may look like.
- Mute your microphone to reduce background noise and unmute it for group discussions, to comment or ask questions.
At Our Virtual Workshops
At our virtual workshop, make sure you find a safe and comfortable place to learn, such as your home or work. Please understand that your instructor and fellow students are also working out of home/work spaces, and may be sharing that space with others. Our virtual workshops are an opportunity for us to connect and learn from each other.
Workshop slides are copyrighted material and intellectual property that belongs to WCCRC; these are NOT shared with participants. Please do not take any screenshots, but feel free to take notes in your workbook. All material is also available in the Westcoast Administration & Management Knowledge Base, which is available through 3-month and 1-year subscriptions.
In keeping with our eco-conscious goal of reducing paper use, any handouts will be sent by email. In this way, participants can save and view these resources across various devices, and can share or print them any time.
Sessions are never recorded.