Instructor Led Course FAQs & Policies
A computer is necessary for all WCCRC online lessons. Smartphones or tablets should not be used.
When playing the videos, the system defaults to ‘auto’ to detect the best quality for the bandwidth detected. However, if you have low Internet speeds and the video is slow to buffer, you may wish to manually choose a lower quality option. You can adjust the quality via the gear icon below the video screen.
It is your responsibility to have equipment that is in proper working order. If your session ends unexpectedly, please log back in. If the Instructor experiences a technical issue, they will email or text you.
No. We do not record any session.
It’s important for the Instructor to get to know you, and for you to meet with the group as a community. You will be engaging in activities and discussions, which require video participation.
You can find a Zoom tutorial on how to join a meeting here.
You can speed up the video by clicking on the gear icon and selecting the desired speed option.
We’ve designed the lessons so you can apply them to your own program. When you’ve finished each video, simply answer the Reflection Question. You can save the Reflection Questions as a workbook, so you can download and use the notes to improve your program’s practices.
At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a button that says “Print/Download.” When you hit that, a list of printers will come up. You can either print the document or select “Save to PDF”.
All of the information from the lessons is contained in our Knowledge Base, which is available via subscription.
If you miss a session there will be no certificate of participation, refund or credit, and no transfer or ability to make up the course.
Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees. All refunds are subject to a $25 Administration Fee. Westcoast may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
All courses expire six months after initial registration.
When you have successfully completed the course, you will receive a certificate code. Please make sure you enter it within a week of completing the course. You will also see your certificate in the Hub under My Dashboard/Courses/My Certificates.
Access to your certificate will expire six months after initial registration. Please make sure to download your certificate and save it for your records. We cannot provide certificates once a course has expired.
By registering for a workshop/course, participants declare they have read, understood and agree with all policies.
- I have a good computer with working Internet connection, a place to plug the computer in, and adequate lighting so I can be seen on Zoom. I understand that I cannot use a smartphone to take these courses.
- I have read through the FAQs.
- I am aware that the session will begin and end promptly at the specified time. The instructor will plan activities for each session, to take full advantage of every minute that is available.
- I will log on to both Zoom and the Learning Hub 10 minutes prior to the session, so that I am ready to go.
- I understand that I must attend the session to receive certification.
- I am aware that this course may require self-guided learning (e.g., watching the video modules, proactively taking notes) before, during or after the session.
- I understand that as part of the course, I will be reviewing my program’s policies and procedures (if available), and will bring them to each session.
- I will come to each session ready to learn, with a positive attitude. I understand that while participants may not always agree, it is essential that everyone has an equal chance to express their ideas and opinions.